Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Good Winter Feed

After spending all weekend moving, I finally have all my affairs in order, and so here is the first recipe.

Spicy Crumbed Seitan
serves 4

So on a nooch trip to Commonsense Organics I came across my first packaged seitan, it was a dream come true. No longer would I have to slave over a seitanic recipe just to get a protein hit! With winter fast encompassing, I was inspired to make something that warmed the belly.

Ingrediants

1 package prepared seitan
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup rice/soy milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp vindaloo/hot curry powder
1 Tbsp dried coriander
2 Tbsp oil

Method

In a large bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, vindaloo/curry powder and coriander. Also pour the rice/soy milk into a deep bowl for dipping.

Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.

Cut the seitan into 4 equal peices. One by one, coat the seitan in flour, then dip it in the rice/soy milk and cover all sides in the breadcrumb mixture.

Put all pieces in the now hot oil and fry each side until brown.

I served this with mashed potatos, fresh corn, beans and broccoli.



No comments:

Post a Comment